People say healthy eating is not tasty eating. Well I am determined to prove them wrong today. This recipe has the goodness of vitamins particularly Vitamin C from green mung beans aka green gram sprouts and fibre from oats.It will be really good with a good cup of coffee/tea and some gossips with your friends.Check out the ingredients below
Serves 3-4 people
Preparation time 15 mins
Cooking time 15-20 minutes
- 3/4 cup green gram or mung beans soaked in warm water for at least 4 hours or overnight
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour or plain flour
- 4 tablespoon oats
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon salt or as per taste
- 1/2 a onion finely chopped
- 1 small capsicum/bell pepper finely chopped
- 2-3 pieces of cheese triangles broken into rough cubes
- 1-2 tablespoon oil for frying
In a separate bowl mix together the flour, chilli powder and salt with 1/2 cup of water. Pour the water little by little so that there are no lumps and it forms a thick batter. Add the beans and oats mixture and mix it very well. Now, add the rest of the ingredients and it is ready to fry.
Heat a non stick pan with 1-2 tablespoon oil. Use a tablespoon to drop 6-7 individual spoons of the batter into the pan. Bring the gas flame to low and fry in each side for at least 6-7 minutes. This is the most important step, dry fry them in both sides in slow flame to achieve that crisp golden brown texture.
Enjoy them with your spicy dose of afternoon gossip!!!